On Saturday night I went to a friends party and discovered something sweet and delicious called Waffle Berry Pudding! I decided I had to make it right away and what better day than on a Sunday to serve up a warm and hearty pudding, packed full of calories!
Below is the recipe for this incredibly easy and tasty pudding:
- 2 packs of 200g waffles
- 200g white chocolate (chopped)
- 500g frozen raspberries
- 55g caster sugar
- 1tbsp plain flor
- 500ml creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp icing sugar to decorate
- Ice cream to serve (optional!)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
2. Split waffles into pieces (I halved mine) and place them in an oven proof dish. Sprinkle half of the chopped white chocolate and half of the raspberries. Repat this over again to form another layer.
3. Mix the caster sugar and flour in a bowl. Add in the creme fraiche, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Whisk it all together and spoon the mixture evenly over the waffle, chocolate and raspberries.
5. Bake in in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle over icing sugar and serve on its own or with ice cream.
Have you tried waffle berry pudding before? If not, give it a try and let me know what you think below!