This recipe was passed to me from the lovely Kelly Rennie and her Healthy Life Cookbook (which I highly recommend).
If you’re tired of the same old breakfast foods and don’t have the time to cook up something spectacular in the mornings, these simple egg muffins are superb! They’re quick, easy, healthy and taste delicious, plus you can even enjoy them on the go!
This recipe makes 6-9 muffins.
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 diced onion
- Handful of finely chopped spinach
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- Handful of finely chopped mushrooms
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- If you like, you can also add salmon, bacon or sausage, and a bit of chilli for that extra kick!
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 and grease muffin pans with butter.
2. Whisk all your eggs in a bowl.
3. Add the onions, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, etc and mix well. Fill the muffin pans with the mixture.
4. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.
Mine are a tad small but if you want them a bit bigger, pack in as much mixture as you can within the muffin pans.