On Saturday I had a major craving for Jammie Dodgers! Luckily I already had all of the ingredients so I was straight into the kitchen!
Jammie dodgers were one of my favourite biscuits as a child, and they still have a special place in my heart! I even have a necklace dedicated to one, look! Courtesy of Biscuit Boutique, check them out!
Unfortunately I did not have a heart cutter so they don’t look like the official ones, however they tasted bloomin awesome! The texture of the biscuit is like shortbread and I chose to use raspberry jam for the filling. These are SO good! Too good for sharing 😉
Below is the recipe and how to make your own dodgers!
250g butter, soft
- 140g icing sugar, sifted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 375g plain flour
- Raspberry Jam
1. Mix together the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the vanilla extract, egg yolk and mix together. Sift in the flour a third at a time and mix again until it forms a firm dough. Mix with your hands if you need to until it forms a smooth ball.
3. Wrap the dough mixture in cling film and leave in the fridge to chill for an hour. 15 minutes before the hour is up, preheat your oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5 and grease two baking trays or line with baking paper.
4. Remove from fridge after the hour and roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is 3-5 mm thick.
5. Cut out your biscuits with a circular cutter or whichever shape you wish. Place half of the biscuits aside and with a smaller cutter, remove the centre of them. You should have an even number of solid biscuits and an even number of biscuits with a hole in.
6. Place all of the biscuits on your baking trays and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until they are a pale golden colour. Leave to cool on wire racks.
7. When cool, take a solid biscuit and spread a thin layer of jam over it. Plonk a holed biscuit on top and Voila! Now put together the rest!