Sorry I haven’t been baking everyone, I’ve been so busy the past month; I’ve started a new job, my best friend got married, and now I’m not very well! I’m hoping I’ll be better this weekend and I’ll be able to bake something wonderful to show you all!
Meanwhile, here’s some sugary jammy muffins I made a few weeks back. These taste just like jammy doughnuts and are very quick and easy to make!
Oil/Butter for greasing
280g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 115g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 6tbsp sunflower oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp raspberry jam
- 115g butter
- 150g granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6 and grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then stir in the caster sugar.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly and then beat in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Make a hole in the middle of the dry flour ingredients and slowly add in the beaten liquid mixture. Stir gently until it has all combined. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Spoon half of your mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Add a teaspoon of jam to the centre of each, then spoon the remaining mixture on top. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until they are well risen, golden and firm to touch.
5. Make the coating. Melt the butter in a pan. In a shallow bowl, add the granulated sugar and spread it out a little. When the muffins are done, leave them to cool for 10 minutes. Dip the tops of the muffins in the melted butter and then roll it in the sugar.
These are best served warm!