Soft and gooey white chocolate and orange cookies, yum-my.
These can be whipped up in less than 10 minutes and take less than 10 minutes to bake. They taste amazing straight from the oven when they’re soft, warm and gooey. Plus they’d make the perfect dessert with some vanilla ice cream.
Here’s the recipe, adapted from The Goddess’s Kitchen – enjoy!
Makes around 20
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Grated zest of 1 orange (2 to 3 tsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g white chocolate broken into pieces or chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
2. Add in the egg, orange zest and vanilla extract and give it a good mix.
3. In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients and chocolate chunks into the butter/sugar mixture and mix until all combined.
4. Roll the mixture into balls and then use your fingers to flatten them onto a non stick baking tray. Make sure you allow enough space between each cookie for it to expand. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes if you want to eat them warm, alternatively transfer them to a cooling rack so they can cool properly.