I’ve found the best fluffy pancake recipe. Right on time for Pancake Day. Hell yes.
These American-style pancakes by Jamie Oliver are delish. Thick and fluffy, yet light enough to have a whole stack of them. Plus, they are ridiculously simple to make.
Even better when topped with melted chocolate, banana chunks and chocolate chips!
Or, for a healthier (but still as yummy) option, natural yoghurt, fruit and a drizzle of honey….
When you’ve perfected these pancakes, the exciting bit is filling them with whatever you fancy! They’d also be lovely as savoury pancakes with crispy bacon and maple syrup or ricotta cheese.
- 3 medium eggs
- 115 g plain flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 140 ml milk
- A pinch of salt
- Firstly separate the eggs. Put the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk to the yolks and mix until smooth.
- In the bowl with the egg whites, whisk with the salt until they form stiff peaks. Fold it into the batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat. Pour spoonfuls of your batter into the pan. When the pancake starts to bubble, it should be ready to flip onto the other side. Cook until golden.
- Stack them and add your favourite toppings!
Happy Pancake Day!