Who needs Maccy D’s when you can make healthy (and just as tasty) chicken nuggets at home?!
I came across this recipe by Paleo Leap but adapted the ingredients slightly and also the quantity to make enough for 2 people. These are really tasty, easy to make and you can play with different spices. I used 1/2 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp chilli powder but you could use 1 tsp of just one, or any other spices you fancy.
These are perfect for a Friday or Saturday night when you’re craving a takeaway or simply when you fancy some finger food! We had ours with sweet potato chips and salad, along with a sweet chilli sauce (ok, the sauce wasn’t so healthy).
This makes enough for 2-3 people…
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 100g ground almond
- 100g coconut flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray with baking paper. Using a meat tenderiser or rolling pin, flatten the chicken breasts so they are an even thickness.
- Cut or chop up your chicken to form nuggets.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the ground almond, coconut flour, spices, herbs and salt & pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then roll into the flour mixture to ensure each one is evenly coated.
- Line up your nuggets on the baking tray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning them over half way through. They will go a lovely light golden colour.
- Serve with a dip of your choice, along with chips, salad, beans or whatever you fancy!